Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Poem: Gone Forever

 
Gone Forever

 My heart calls out to you,
But you can not hear.
My eyes look for you,
But you're never there.
My arms reach out for you,
But only close on air.
When will I learn that you're gone?
Eyes closed forever,
Heart will beat never.
Your flame of life use to shine bright,
But now is dark as night.
Now I must say my goodbye,
For you are no longer alive.
My ears listen for your voice,
But silence is all I hear.
It is time to let go,
But that is what I fear.
Never to see you smile,
Never to hear you laugh,
Thoughts that haunt me,
In every waking hour.
You're gone forever,
But I'm still holding on.
Afraid to let go,
Afraid to forget.
What am I to do,
When all I do is miss you.


*** This is a poem I wrote about my little brother, Damian, who passed away when he was two years old.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...