Saturday, February 16, 2013

Book Review: Allegra by Shelley Hrdlitschka



My Review: ***Note: I won an ARC of Allegra through a LibraryThing contest. ***

I decided to read Allegra to spice up my reading selection a bit, and it is quick and fun read.  The story captured my attention, even though I found the characters to be a bit annoying at times- especially Allegra.  She seemed a bit shallow and anal at times, with a bit of an attitude that often led to overly dramatic behavior. 

The passion and dedication that Allegra had when it came to her music-theory project was inspiring though.   She put everything she had and then some into her and Noel's composition, she was even willing to let her passion for dancing slide a bit to finish the music that was said to be both beautiful and moving. 

Overall, I liked the book and would read it again.  The writing style felt more like it would be for younger teens, depending on what your preference for reading.  I give it a 3 star instead of 4, because I really did find some of the characters behaviors to be a tad bit irritating.  3/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...