Saturday, February 2, 2013

Book Review: Rise of the Infected by Monique Morgan






My Review:  I absolutely loved 'Rise of the Infected'!  From the very beginning I was hooked and couldn't stop reading (I had to literally force myself to stop when it came time for me to go to work- so tempted to call in 'sick' so that I could keep reading).  Monique Morgan is becoming one of my favorite authors, even though I've only read two of her books.  I find her writing and imagination to be superb!

Rise of the Infected is an interesting story about a world thrown into a mostly primitive era, when in certain areas things like cars, electricity, elevators, etc... are things of myth.  In this story, chaos breaks out when a biochemical toxin is released in certain areas, resulting in civilians turning into flesh-hungry zombies, but not all of them are mind-less creatures that only have one instinct- not in this story.  In this story there are certain zombies that have a higher thinking capability that makes them deadly to the humans. 

Enter River, a girl with more fire and spunk that would rival most men that would wish to make her feel inferior in all ways, who is just as deadly as the 'monsters' that newly inhabit the earth.  River is funny, impulsive, and stubborn with little tolerance of being belittled- Monique did an outstanding job when creating her. 

Rise of the Infected is most definitely a novel that I would recommend others to read.  It's not like your every day zombie story.  This book is so much more!  I was truly upset when the story ended- I needed to hear more!  5/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...