Thursday, February 2, 2012

Book Review: Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (Book 1 of the Tiger's Curse Series)


A Little About the Book: Would you risk it all to change your destiny? The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that's exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and  mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.


My Review: From the first chapter, I had fallen in love with this novel.  Tiger's Curse is not only thrilling and compelling, it is also touching and endearing.  the characters are quite distinguished and very easy to like.  Each has an individual voice that is different in it's own way.  The idea of the novel is enticing and magical.

Once I began reading, I couldn't stop until I had finished, and even then I wanted to hear more.

Tiger's Curse had myself yearning to be in Kelsey's place with my own cursed Indian Princes that need my help to finally to be free.  The love, devotion, and power of the characters on their thrilling adventure held my attention raptly.  Even the insecurities of the characters, particularly Kelsey, were quite humoring as they were touching.

Tiger's Curse is definitely a novel that I would recommend to others, and would gladly read a numerous times myself.  I look forward to reading the next novel to such a promising series. 6/5 STARS (The extra star is not a typo.  I just really loved the novel and thought it deserved a little more praise)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful review. I have this in my bought TBR pile. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...